In-House Jewelry Repairs & Inspections
Our jewelry repair department consists of three in-store Goldsmiths with over 70 years of combined experience as well as a Quality Control Manager who tracks your repair from take-in to pick-up. We specialize in cleaning, restoring and maintaining fine quality jewelry. Our state-of-the-art tools and equipment allow us to be properly equipped for all of your jewelry repair needs and ensures top quality work.
Cleaning & Inspections
Soldering & Laser Welding
Laser welding is especially helpful when working with some of the most intricate designs and comes in handy when small diamonds need re-tipping. Because of the finely focused laser, the minimal heat affected zone, and the precision available with the laser welder, we most often use this technique so that you can be confident your jewelry repair is the best that it can be.
Stone Setting & Tightening
Re-Tipping & Crown Repair
Bracelet & Chain Repair
Jewelry & Custom Designs
Explore our Engraveable Monogram Jewelry
Princess Earlobe Piercing Package – Choose our Princess Piercing Package for the extra special experience. Watch our video below for more information and call us with questions about our specific offerings, 507-345-1658.
Appraisals and Gem Lab
How to Prepare
At any point after the initial purchase at Exclusively Diamonds, if you require an appraisal document or an update on an existing appraisal there will be an update fee of $35.00.
If your treasured item was not originally purchased at Exclusively Diamonds it will be considered an “outside appraisal,” meaning it was purchased “outside our store”. These appraisals will be assigned to our (Appraiser, Carl Weimer, GG) who is in our store approximately twice per month. Appraisal services and document will have a charge of $95.00 per hour, per item.
- Is an appraisal necessary for full coverage?
- What is the difference between scheduled and unscheduled coverage?
- Is there a deductible? If so, how much? Do I have the option to increase the deductible and thus lower the premium?
- Is my policy all-risk (partial loss, damage, theft, mysterious disappearance and other perils)?
- Can I go to whomever I wish for the replacement?
- If a loss has been replaced through an insurance company source, will I be allowed to verify proper replacement by an independent firm or accredited appraiser of my choice?
- Is there a difference in limitations between jewelry and silverware?
- Are there any geographical limitations to my coverage?
- What is the premium rate per thousand dollars of value for full coverage?
- Is depreciation ever imposed on anything?
- How often should I have an appraisal done?
- Am I limited to the appraisal value should there be a sizable increase in value?
- Are there any exclusions?
- What proof is needed to report a loss?
- Are there any security precautions required? If not, would there be a premium savings if special precautions were taken e.g., the items were kept in a home safe or safe deposit box when not worn?
- What if the insured item is irreplaceable, like an antique?
- What types of property are not covered?
Follow the Journey Your Jewelry will Take
- When you bring your item/items into the store they will be checked in and documented by our trusted team of sales professionals. At this time make sure to disclose what type of Appraisal document you are requesting. Insurance Replacement?, Division of Estate?, Etc.
- You will reserve your place on the appraiser’s list by making your deposit of $50.00. Your deposit will be used toward your total balance at pick up.
- Your items will be polished and completely cleaned for proper evaluation. This step takes some time but it is very important. Be prepared to drop off your items at least 1 week prior to the date the appraiser will be in our store.
- Your items will then be thoroughly examined under 60x magnification by our Repair Department Manager/Custom Design Specialist or our Repair department Coordinator for repair recommendations as needed.
- If during the examination of your items it is determined that some repair work is recommended, you will be contacted with an estimate. With the exception of some very specialized repair needs, all repair work is done on our premises in our shop by one of our highly skilled Bench Jewelers. On average, once the approval has been given for the estimate it will take approximately 1 week to complete the repair work.
- At this point in the process, our Appraiser will use our lab and diagnostic tools to weigh, grade, measure and evaluate your item. After researching current market values he will create an appraisal document.
- Once your items and document are completed you will be contacted by your preferred method to inform you that they are ready for you to pick up.